sKooL DaZe!
In 5 days, I will be officially done w/ all my schooling for this semester... Never thought I could work full-time AND somehow complete 15 credits of school in one semester. I had 3 classes of Fire Science Technology to complete before officially completing my AA in Fire Tech and this was the semester I officially began my MPA program at CSULB by taking 2 courses. Honestly, each of these classes are a piece of cake compared to the rigors of undergrad at BYU, but altogether these classes have been a huge pain. It seems like there's some sort of paper, quiz, or test constantly around the corner on top of working seven 24hr shifts every 2 weeks! I'll admit, I've spent many hours at work studying, doing research and writing papers. Somehow, within all that school and work, I managed to squeeze in time to coach our ward's powderpuff football team. Definitely one of the highlights of my past year. These girls are amazing and it was very rewarding to see their hard work pay off last Saturday.
I begin paramedic school late next month. According to the paramedics I work with, the program I'm entering into is by far the most difficult of all the programs out there. 45 semester credits squeezed into eight months of hell! To accommodate for such a challenge, I will be downgraded to part-time (on-call) for work and going on academic leave at CSULB for one school year. Upon turning in my application for paramedic school, I was given 3 packets of thousands of terms, prefixes/suffixes, and anatomy physiology to memorize by the beginning of class! According to the department chair, I must rank in the top 25 of how ever many students (sometimes up to 100 students!) to pass "the cut" mid August. Of all academic subjects, I'd have to say that sciences are my weakness. I dread taking science classes so much that my very final course at BYU was Physical Science 100! (the intro class to sciences!). Other than the professor, I bet I was the oldest student in that classroom.
I really have enjoyed my job as an EMT and I'm hoping my interest level and the applicability of this program will improve my survivability in this program.
I begin paramedic school late next month. According to the paramedics I work with, the program I'm entering into is by far the most difficult of all the programs out there. 45 semester credits squeezed into eight months of hell! To accommodate for such a challenge, I will be downgraded to part-time (on-call) for work and going on academic leave at CSULB for one school year. Upon turning in my application for paramedic school, I was given 3 packets of thousands of terms, prefixes/suffixes, and anatomy physiology to memorize by the beginning of class! According to the department chair, I must rank in the top 25 of how ever many students (sometimes up to 100 students!) to pass "the cut" mid August. Of all academic subjects, I'd have to say that sciences are my weakness. I dread taking science classes so much that my very final course at BYU was Physical Science 100! (the intro class to sciences!). Other than the professor, I bet I was the oldest student in that classroom.
I really have enjoyed my job as an EMT and I'm hoping my interest level and the applicability of this program will improve my survivability in this program.